Stove /insert pipe question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KYrob

Jan 8, 2010
KY
I bought my insert today and plan on installing it this week. I also plan on putting in an insulated liner this summer. My chimney is in good shape as it has only had about a dozen fires or so in it the past 12 years when the house was built. I can't see any buildup of any kind inside. I plan on installing a block off plate this week as well and will pull it all out this summer when I clean everything and install the liner. I am going to use a short pipe to get up and into the flue as the manual shows this type of setup but what type of pipe should I use as a temporary til summer? Does it have to be stainless flex or triple wall or will any metal stove pipe work for this short time.

Thanks,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.