Stove is in! With a question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
Hey Everyone,

My NC-13 is in and burning. I will post more on it later. I have a question about curing the stove. There is an odor in the house, but does it also cause a little haze to? It smells nothing like smoke and there is no smoke coming out of anything in the stove or pipe. Just checking.

Thanks,

Anthony

Yes, the paint is curing and oils are getting burned off. It will smoke for the first few burns until the stove has gotten hot and the paint has baked. Open some windows nearby.

Thanks BeGreen.

Each time your stove and your stove pipe reach a new "record high" temperature, you'll get a little bit of that smell. Once you've been burning for a while, you'll get to a point where you don't set new record temps anymore.

-SF

SlyFerret said:
Each time your stove and your stove pipe reach a new "record high" temperature, you'll get a little bit of that smell. Once you've been burning for a while, you'll get to a point where you don't set new record temps anymore.

-SF

So very very true!

Status
Not open for further replies.