Stove just arrived

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stove is here, now I just have to wait for the venting to get here.

Pic attached...

Attachments

• 2010-05-19 11.44.30.jpg
    2010-05-19 11.44.30.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 515
DaveyWoodard said:
Stove is here, now I just have to wait for the venting to get here.

Pic attached...

Looks great! The Evolution series has gotten good reviews here. Oh, and now you can change your signature........ :lol:

Don't forget to post pics when you get it fired-up for it's burn-in.

DaveyWoodard said:
I know for sure pro pellet, indeck, marth, badger pellet.
I don't know anything about the Indeck or badger pellets, but if the Marth & ProPellets are equal in price, I'd lean toward the Marth.......maybe even do a split order and get some of each. The Marth burned great in my Englander stove.

The propellets are just around the corner from me, and the marth I have to travel an hour for I think. I read through your entire test of pellets, and it was so useful. I hope as I begin this little journey into pellet stoves I can help like that.

remember to open some windows when you do your initial burn , the stove WILL smoke as it heats up , dont freak out , its burning the oil out of the steel , initial burn should be about 3 hours on a mid range. after it "cooks out' in the initial fire it wont do it again

Thanks Mike. I like the stove more already now that I am seeing it up close. Now the venting just needs to get here.

stoveguy2esw said:
btw, if you want to pre burn it outside to avoid the smell, you do not have to be connected to a vent to burn the stove if outside

That's what I did w/ my 10cpm....burned it right out on the deck w/ a piece of exhaust pipe sticking through the rails over the driveway.....worked great, and NO smell inside. Ran the stove on heat setting 5 for 3 hrs. as recommended by Mike.

The neighbor did look at me kinda funny though :lol:

imacman said:
DaveyWoodard said:
I know for sure pro pellet, indeck, marth, badger pellet.
I don't know anything about the Indeck or badger pellets, but if the Marth & ProPellets are equal in price, I'd lean toward the Marth.......maybe even do a split order and get some of each. The Marth burned great in my Englander stove.

I have to echo what Pete said. If the Marth and Propellets are the same cost, I would go with the Marth's. Burned great in My Omega. Propellets were not as good and produced a bit more ash for me. I am in no way saying the Propellets are bad, Just not as good as the Marth's. If they are cheaper and easier to get, The Propellets will produce decent heat for you.

As with anything I suggest, I always recommend a trial of the pellets in your stove as they all tend to be a bit different. Just to be on the side of caution!

Did you find any softwood brands around you? Uncle Jed's are popular out there and are hot and clean burning pellets. Try them you will like them!

jtakeman said:
.... Uncle Jed's are popular out there and are hot and clean burning pellets. Try them you will like them!

I agree....do some searching/calling and see if you can find the Uncle Jed's.....very good pellet, by all accounts on this forum. They are Bear Mtn pellets in a different bag, and Bear Mtns. get rave reviews. Pine/spruce mix, IIRC.

imacman said:
jtakeman said:
.... Uncle Jed's are popular out there and are hot and clean burning pellets. Try them you will like them!

I agree....do some searching/calling and see if you can find the Uncle Jed's.....very good pellet, by all accounts on this forum. They are Bear Mtn pellets in a different bag, and Bear Mtns. get rave reviews. Pine/spruce mix, IIRC.
Uncle Jeds softwood pellets are pine= very good
Uncle Jeds doug fir are Bear Mtn custom bagged= even better

I think I found a place very near by that has the uncle jed's pellets. I think they have just the pine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.