stove paint

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bull

Dec 7, 2008
south east ky
painted my stove thursday with rust-oleum specialty high heat ultra semi gloss 1200. how long does it take for smell and smoke take to burn off. installed today and burning now , keeps setting alrm off and smell . what to expect have opened outside doors so fumes can go outside . the paint seems to be sticky to the touch . any suggestions will try and get pics. of installed stove. really looks good. fisher insert with glass doors

Attachments

• Fisher Fire Place003.jpg
    Fisher Fire Place003.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 284
3 or 4 fires, of increasing intensity seems to be what most manufacturers recommend for the factory-applied finishes. You may have applied your finish thicker, who knows? Keep burning it, be patient, and stop touching it. Rick

worried about the fumes should i keep the doors open until it burnes down .

The fumes from curing high temp paint are obnoxious. The paint container no doubt addresses this aspect of using it, both during application and subsequent curing. Good ventilation is a must, for your comfort and for your safety. Windows, doors, whatever it takes. I'm talking about the doors on your house, of course, not the doors on your stove. Rick

thanks rick

will do, dont worry i will only open stove doors to put in wood should i let it go out .

Status
Not open for further replies.