Stoves under 1.0 g emissions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of any stoves that are under this amount? I would like to go as clean as possible and be under any new EPA proposed rules.
The ideal steel is 1.0 grams/hr, and it is a VERY clean stove. Other than a reload, you can't tell that we burn wood. Our neighbor (who also burns) actually thought we were taking a season off of burning.

Reactions: Tenn Dave
I have the lopi large hybrid insert which claims to be .58 per hour. I have no reason to think that it is not meeting this claim. From the outside you can not really tell it is running.

The problem I have is that it is EXTREMELY picky about wood moisture content.

Thanks for the replies. I am seriously considering the ideal steel stove if I am going the route of sticking under the new regs. Problem is the new regs don't come out till feb and I hope to have the new stove in before that.

I believe the Mulciber is self-power vented, and it powered it's convection fan with TEGs. At .2gms/hr it is a very, very clean burner.

http://mffire.com/mulciber.html

BeGreen,

I am not certain this would be an apples to apples comparison with currently marketed stoves. Was the unit tested by Method 28 in an EPA approved lab or are these results from Brookhaven?

Status
Not open for further replies.