The Brown Englander 30 Burns again! (more pictures added)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milt said:
VCBurner, I will bet that you asked that on purpose, just to start stuff.

Everybody knows that the BK is the finest, most efficient, heaviest duty, longest lasting, hottest burning and most easily maintained method of liberating the sunshine stored in wood splits that has ever graced our planet. Everything is burned completely, although it takes days to do it, and ashes have to be carried out only once or twice a season even when running full time. The BK is so efficient that even in the U.P. of Michigan, only half a cord of green willow is required to maintain the inside of a huge house at sauna like temperatures all winter long, and that is with the air flow turned to the lowest position.

Or so I have read right here on this forum. I am consumed with jealousy every time a BK thread starts and yet, I cannot avoid reading them like a moth drawn in that deadly spiral to the candle's flaming hell. Had I but known of the superior qualities of a Blaze King, I could have saved thousands of dollars over the expensive pile of rocks that I currently kindle fires in, and I would still be using the half cord of wood that was in the shed when I purchased the house.

Its good that You have learned something from these forums. ;-P

Every time You time you spite a BK....... somewhere a kitten dies!

:lol: :cheese: :lol:
Milt said:
I almost made it to the bathroom dry after reading that. :lol:

Hiram Maxim said:
Milt said:
VCBurner, I will bet that you asked that on purpose, just to start stuff.

Everybody knows that the BK is the finest, most efficient, heaviest duty, longest lasting, hottest burning and most easily maintained method of liberating the sunshine stored in wood splits that has ever graced our planet. Everything is burned completely, although it takes days to do it, and ashes have to be carried out only once or twice a season even when running full time. The BK is so efficient that even in the U.P. of Michigan, only half a cord of green willow is required to maintain the inside of a huge house at sauna like temperatures all winter long, and that is with the air flow turned to the lowest position.

Or so I have read right here on this forum. I am consumed with jealousy every time a BK thread starts and yet, I cannot avoid reading them like a moth drawn in that deadly spiral to the candle's flaming hell. Had I but known of the superior qualities of a Blaze King, I could have saved thousands of dollars over the expensive pile of rocks that I currently kindle fires in, and I would still be using the half cord of wood that was in the shed when I purchased the house.

Its good that You have learned something from these forums. ;-P

Every time You time you spite a BK....... somewhere a kitten dies!

LMAO that's one way to keep the feline population down!

Ray

I love it! months later and we're right back at it, almost like Summer never happened! LMAO, man :lol: !!! You guys sure know how to make people laugh. The pile of rocks, the kittens... :lol: :exclaim: I'm picking up a pellet stove October 1st, my wood burning days are over for now. Not by choice, the new house we rented has no chimneys. I bet my pellet stove will not even match the efficiency of a BK though :cheese: ! One bag will last 1/2 the time of a load of wood on a BK!!!!! I'm sure, right?

VCBurner said:
I love it! months later and we're right back at it, almost like Summer never happened! LMAO, man :lol: !!! You guys sure know how to make people laugh. The pile of rocks, the kittens... :lol: :exclaim: I'm picking up a pellet stove October 1st, my wood burning days are over for now. Not by choice, the new house we rented has no chimneys. I bet my pellet stove will not even match the efficiency of a BK though :cheese: ! One bag will last 1/2 the time of a load of wood on a BK!!!!! I'm sure, right?

I'm curious, How long does a bag last?

VCBurner said:
Your place looks fantastic! Plus you've got your own battle of the Titans going. The light walls make it look so much more open and the floors look great! Awesome job. So which one takes the cake the BK or NC 30? My guess would be the BK for sure but I've only red the stats, never burned either. How long do those BKs really throw heat on one load?

Oh and thank you for the compliment! :)

Hiram Maxim said:
No problem HM I meant it! It's like a wood burner's dream in there!

As far as the bags, it all depends. It's sort of like wood in the sence that all brands are different as well as stoves. I've yet to see how mine will burn. It is not the most echonomical out there. But being a cast iron man, I had to go with one that had the look I was seeking. The price is right too. I won't ever buy a brand new stove. There are too many people out there who need to get rid of a stove because of a move or other circumstances. Getting back to how long a bag will last. Softwood pellets will burn faster, though I've heard some Douglas Fir pellets are awesome. Hardwood ones last longer. Some pellets burn hotter and will result in less consumption, etc... The stove I'm getting burns between 1 1/2-4 lbs./hour, so it may burn up to 2 bags/day during those really cold spells when we run our stoves at top speeds. The beauty of it is I'm gonna run it off a thermostat and can balance between it and the furnace thermostat to try to maximize on heating efficiency. The stove is rated to heat up to 1600sq ft. We all know that in the really cold nights some stoves that are rated to do such things don't end up working out. That remains to be seen. The house is just under 1600 sq ft.

Overall, it'll be another learning experience for me. I hope to be able to heat the house from October to April with 4 tons and hopefully under 250 gallons of oil. This hopefully translates to under 1700 for seven months. The oil furnace will be heating enough water for laundry, shower and other needs our family of seven may have for hot water. Sounds way more expensive than the free wood I've been burning for the past three seasons. But I have no other choice.

Please check out my thread on the Pellet Mill, pretty interesting how I got to purchase this stove, it's all documented:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/78438/

VCBurner said:

Dontcha know Blazekings come preheated so you don't add any wood the 1st year.. This gives time to season for the next year.. I am still wondering how you will stack all those tiny pellets the size of grapenuts cereal? Make sure you post pics of your pellets all neatly stacked Benedict Arnold!

:lol:

Ray

VCBurner said:
Hiram Maxim said:
No problem HM I meant it! It's like a wood burner's dream in there!

As far as the bags, it all depends. It's sort of like wood in the sence that all brands are different as well as stoves. I've yet to see how mine will burn. It is not the most echonomical out there. But being a cast iron man, I had to go with one that had the look I was seeking. The price is right too. I won't ever buy a brand new stove. There are too many people out there who need to get rid of a stove because of a move or other circumstances. Getting back to how long a bag will last. Softwood pellets will burn faster, though I've heard some Douglas Fir pellets are awesome. Hardwood ones last longer. Some pellets burn hotter and will result in less consumption, etc... The stove I'm getting burns between 1 1/2-4 lbs./hour, so it may burn up to 2 bags/day during those really cold spells when we run our stoves at top speeds. The beauty of it is I'm gonna run it off a thermostat and can balance between it and the furnace thermostat to try to maximize on heating efficiency. The stove is rated to heat up to 1600sq ft. We all know that in the really cold nights some stoves that are rated to do such things don't end up working out. That remains to be seen. The house is just under 1600 sq ft.

Overall, it'll be another learning experience for me. I hope to be able to heat the house from October to April with 4 tons and hopefully under 250 gallons of oil. This hopefully translates to under 1700 for seven months. The oil furnace will be heating enough water for laundry, shower and other needs our family of seven may have for hot water. Sounds way more expensive than the free wood I've been burning for the past three seasons. But I have no other choice.

Please check out my thread on the Pellet Mill, pretty interesting how I got to purchase this stove, it's all documented:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/78438/

Chris,
Consider a setback t-stat as that would work awesome with a pellet stove.. Many would work in your application for around $40.00..

Ray

raybonz said:
VCBurner said:

Dontcha know Blazekings come preheated so you don't add any wood the 1st year.. This gives time to season for the next year.. I am still wondering how you will stack all those tiny pellets the size of grapenuts cereal? Make sure you post pics of your pellets all neatly stacked Benedict Arnold!

Ray
Oh, there will be pics! Can't wait to install the stove, get the pellets in the basement and burn it up!
Consider a setback t-stat as that would work awesome with a pellet stove
Ray what is a setback is that the same as programmable?

VCBurner said:
raybonz said:
VCBurner said:

Ray
Oh, there will be pics! Can't wait to install the stove, get the pellets in the basement and burn it up!
Consider a setback t-stat as that would work awesome with a pellet stove
Ray what is a setback is that the same as programmable?

Yes a setback is programmable a 7 day type is best so each day is custom and they have an over ride feature as well.. I use a $40.00 Hunter from Lowes and it works OK.. It will run on 2 AA Alkalines for a long time and has an indiglo backlight that lights on any key push.. I think your stove will look great and very much like a VC wood stove..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.