The end of petroleum dominance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor - that is somewhat the discussion I was pointing to. It can be a brain teaser.

1956 Packard Caribbean Convertible = 6000 pounds. Huge V8 getting 18+ MPG.

I guess that depends on how you define clean. Sure NOx etc are reduced when we burn richer but every single article I've ever read states that at for CO2, the emissions are directly related to the volume of fuel consumed and for practical purposes can only be reduced via mpg increases. If you have material that says otherwise I'd like to see links to read it.

This is true, I did not mention CO2, we can emit more NOx but have less CO2. Back in the 80s CO2 was considered harmless, we had two and three way converters that made it, but now it's the evil buzz word. I'm just saying that we (not suggesting we do) can make "dirty" cars that have incredible mileage with current tech.

Just food for thought...... I do enjoy these types of discussions
TS

The catalytic converters still make CO2 out of VOC and CO. Hard to believe the amounts are that big, and it helps keep the ground level ozone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.