The new Woodstock Fireview changes.(OPTIONAL)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
I just got the e-mail and it is going to be a less ornate stove. The castings are gonna be toned down and the fire window is going from the peaked to a slight arch.I believe we have this with the Keystone and Palladian. I asked them to ask the public. If this change takes place i sure hope i get 1 b 4 they do it or i wont be getting 1. They have been very helpful though. Nice to talk to.

I think these changes are just new options and you should still be able to get the original Fireview if you want?

Yes they are, i just got the reply.No mention of ashpan which i don't care about at this point just that you mentioned it.

Did you ask Woodstock about refurbished stoves?

The Fireview in its current form is definitely our most popular wood stove. It is not, I repeat not going away any time soon. The changes being considered are primarily aesthetic. The changes are being based on suggestions we have heard form from current and would be owners. The proposed changes would move away from a more Victorian look to what you might call "transitional". As always suggestions are welcome :)

Reactions: nh_stovebuilder
Hey Mr. Bean,
How's that new stove coming along? Got an ETA yet?

I sure hope the fireview in its current form is not changed, it has such a unique look, and thats what attracted me, its beautiful. If it is to be changed, why not come out with the new stove as another model but still offer the old fireview? Maybe the "Fireview 2" or something, I don't know, I think it would just be a shame to see it changed. :long:

TheBean said:
As always suggestions are welcome :)

How about a 3 cu ft version of the Keystone?

Thanks,
Bill

As i said, the old Fireview design will be kept but this will be a new option. They sure seem to have their heads on straight. I'll check for refurbished but not going to get 1 till mid summer or so so prob no good to check now.

Status
Not open for further replies.