1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

THE superbowl commercial thread.

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Danno77, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    LoL. I shoulda seen that coming from a mile away (but again, poorly educated)
    Adios Pantalones likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mrjohneel

mrjohneel Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Suburban Boston
    I think the VW Bug has always been seen/marketed as a quirky "fun" car (it was the "Love Bug" after all) and that if you drive one you can escape the routine, ho-humness of life. It is funny how people react to commercials though especially when discussing them in the workplace where you have to be more PC. ("I loved the VW ad." Hope people don't think I'm being insensitive. "I wept at the Budweiser horse ad." I hope people don't think I'm a sissy. "That Kia/kids ad was good." What sort of parent lies to their kids about the basic facts of life? And on and on.) People (I'm not referring to any posters here -- yet) get so worked up about these ads it's kind of funny. In the end, it's just copanies shilling us stuff we don't need!
  3. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    The best Volkswagen add to never be aired:
    granpajohn likes this.
  4. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Hands down, God created The Farmer.......Dodge finally made something good!!

zap likes this.
  5. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Speaking of these commercials, there was an ad for Redd's Apple Ale. Anyone ever had it? I'm a big wood chuck cider fan and when I do drink beer (rather have scotch) I like to try new stuff. I haven't seen it around here but was curious if anyone had tried it and what they thought of it.
  6. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Mr. Harvey makes that a powerful commercial.
    ScotO likes this.
  7. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    I heard on the news earlier today that the "farmer" commercial was a rip off of a you tube video done by farm.com
    After looking it up on line myself, I have a guess that they had permission to re-make it as they have references to farm.com on their website
    http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/keepplowing/

Here is the original....pretty much the same message :)

8. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Not really a rip-off. Paul Harvey gave that speech many many years ago. They put it to their own commissioned photos. It would be like you setting your family slide show to some 70s disco song and then me coincidentally using the same song with MY family photos because I liked it.
  9. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    I didn't say I thought the were ripping them off, that is what a lot of news channels are reporting, which is why I went and looked myself. If you google it, there are a lot if reports which are obviously not correct. Dodge was "inspired" to do a similar thing in a grander scale and reached a much larger audience - it doesn't get bigger than the super bowl :) the original is pretty much the same, that's all.
  10. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    I thought the Calvin Klein one was ah, nice. :)
    I thought the rest of the commercials sucked. Just sayin.
    edit...I did like the horse one.
  11. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
  12. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    That's why god invented wide mouth bottles. lol. Just be sure to keep track of the pee bottle.