The "What's missing?" game

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
So here lies my MS170 in more than a couple pieces. There are some parts missing. Jay is gonna guess them, join in to compete for the biggest saw-nerd award...
eadfa89a.jpg

coming soon will be a better high resolution picture, cause it's just too hard without it!

I'm not sure, but I think there are 3 parts in total missing...

Oh, your are a dork! :lol: But I will start off with no fuel tank.

see if this is better. Having a hard time resizing to best quality.

Attachments

• MS170.jpg
    MS170.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 430
smokinjay said:
sitting in the back right corner by the chain guard/clutch cover...
oh, and with a couple of your original guesses, there are piston rings on that piston, lol!

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
oh, and with a couple of your original guesses, there are piston rings on that piston, lol!

Thats looks like a lot of bar oil....So where the oil tank?

smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:

that's a pretty good guess, cause the oil tank is in the "case," but the case is turned so that you can't see it. I think I have to give you 1/2 a point for that. still three other things to go, but one is gonna be impossible to figure out, so it doesn't count. the other two are so easy that you'd never think of them. Jay, you were pretty close on a guess or two on the last thread...

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:

that's a pretty good guess, cause the oil tank is in the "case," but the case is turned so that you can't see it. I think I have to give you 1/2 a point for that. still three other things to go, but one is gonna be impossible to figure out, so it doesn't count. the other two are so easy that you'd never think of them. Jay, you were pretty close on a guess or two on the last thread...

Yea I will let a few others to take a shot at it first.

it'd be easier to figure out if all the parts were from a BIG 880! these little 170 parts are hard to see, even close up!!!!

spark plug wire and throttle linkage to carb? Just a guess.

Danno77 said:
So here lies my MS170 in more than a couple pieces. There are some parts missing. Jay is gonna guess them, join in to compete for the biggest saw-nerd award...
eadfa89a.jpg

coming soon will be a better high resolution picture, cause it's just too hard without it!

I'm not sure, but I think there are 3 parts in total missing...
I'm guessing your on vacation?

fishingpol said:
spark plug wire and throttle linkage to carb? Just a guess.
what, are you blind? J/K this is totally unfair because the resolution stinks.

HINT: Resolution won't be a problem to see that these parts are missing!!!! (at least for the two that matter)

Attachments

• guess1.jpg
    guess1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 378
gzecc said:
I'm guessing your on vacation?
today is a paperwork day. this helps keep me sane.

The chain & bar?

OK I know nothin about saws butt....where is the friggin blade??? That's missin dammit... :lol:

KaptJaq said:
The chain & bar?
far right edge. they are both there!

GAMMA RAY said:
OK I know nothin about saws butt....where is the friggin blade??? That's missin dammit... :lol:
it's a chainsaw, not a knife, lolololol

sorry, just had to do it. I knew you'd be here soon, I heard the jingling...

BTW, this is a good Fun Friday kind of thread, IMO...

The battery and electric starter.

I don't know, but if it was mine I'd try running it just as it is before you go tinkering with it anymore.

Battenkiller said:
I don't know, but if it was mine I'd try running it just as it is before you go tinkering with it anymore.
lol. it's closer to running than this other hunk of reddish/orange piece of steel that someone dumped on me! When this is done, I think you'll be interested in some pictures of the next project!

Air filter.

Danno77 said:
Battenkiller said:
lol. it's closer to running than this other hunk of reddish/orange piece of steel that someone dumped on me! When this is done, I think you'll be interested in some pictures of the next project!

Ha, ha! There's a sucker born every minute, ya know? ;-P

Where's the dang air filter and filter cover?

Drat! Dang keyboard caused me to post a fraction of a second too late. I told you it was possessed. :roll:

Battenkiller said:
Danno77 said:
Battenkiller said:

Ha, ha! There's a sucker born every minute, ya know? ;-P

Where's the dang air filter and filter cover?
well, what do you know. that was it!

It's a dang Stihl, the dead give away should have been that there was only but a hint of orange on the entire freaking bench!!!

the third part is some strange washer that is supposed to go between the circlip and the clutch, but I don't think it was on the saw, so apparently it isn't necessary anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.