Thelin 3000 Pellet Stove Only Works on Low

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Resilient

Jan 7, 2011
Northern Maine
Stove is about 2 years old. Fan will only work on low and clean. Can not get stove to work on anything except low. Replaced fan motor, 2 sensors, boards twice. Local techniian is very capable and concerned, but can't find the problem. He has disassembled the entire stove and can't find the problem. I believe the next step is to temprarily replace ours with a used one he has on hand while he takes ours away and troubleshoots it. I believe all reasonable problem reslution is being done. This is baffling. Has anyone ever seen something like this? Thanks

Which fan and tell us about all of the cleaning you have done since you shut the stove off last spring?

Normally that would sound like the brushes wearing out on the fan motor, but you have alerady replaced that. How about the control panel that the switches are on, has he tested that yet?

Thanks for the responses. Turns out the fan brush commutator had worn thin in a couple spots, never seen one so thin, maybe 3/32. Just had it apart to clean and repack the bearings and the commutator was fine after a little sanding.
I guess 6 years is a long time, 5 with the previous owner, and one with us.
We have only had this since spring, having upgraded from a Gnome. Originally bought the Gnome 5 years ago as a demo, sold it this fall for $950, after finding the Parlour at a flea market for $650.
The Stove King.com has just started carrying Thelin parts, even with shipping, the motor was cheaper than the dealer.
I've done a little research the past couple of nights to try to find a brushless motor the replace this model, if something turns up. I'll post the details here.

Status
Not open for further replies.