Thelin Parlour Install W/pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebengel

Sep 18, 2008
nw nj
Had our Thelin Parlour Installed today finally and it is burning great.
It was done by The Hearth Shoppe in Belvidere NJ, I highly reccomend them.
The exhaust is 4" out & up 5 feet, it is offset so that the stove went exactly
where we wanted it, which was closer than 4 feet from an opening window.
I ran it on medium for about 4 hours and the burning smell is gone already.
Bob

Attachments

• PC050008.JPG
    PC050008.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,114
  • PC050009.JPG
    PC050009.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 1,226
  • PC050010.JPG
    PC050010.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,103
Very nice, I really like those stoves.

Where's your backup battery?

I love those stoves! If any shops near me started selling
them I'd buy one in a heartbeat for my den.

Congrats and enjoy the warmth!

Ditto........ Jeremy installed mine back in August..........

That's a really handsome stove. Enjoy it in good health.

wilbilt said:

No battery backup, collecting gift cards for the holidays to buy a generator to
handle the stove, refridgerator and sump pump.

BadDad320 said:
Ditto........ Jeremy installed mine back in August..........

Jeremy installed mine also. He started last saturday but a wrong piece had been ordered
so he came back today to finish, we had a lot of fun here this afternoon.

Nice stove and install. I really like them, even though I must admit that every time I see one, R2D2 from Star Wars flashes through my mind... :lol:

My wife saw this and said she wished we never sold our Parlor Red with Nickel. Maybe someday we'll get another one. Great looking installation - I'm sure you'll have as good experience as I did with mine.

Attachments

• ThelinBasem.jpeg
    ThelinBasem.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,088
Heres how we did the exhaust to comply with state regulations, Thelin's
requirements and our choice on where to place the stove.

Attachments

• PC060012.jpg
    PC060012.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 928
ebengel said:
wilbilt said:

No battery backup, collecting gift cards for the holidays to buy a generator to
handle the stove, refridgerator and sump pump.

Don't the Thelins have the option to run directly on 12VDC? A $20 gel battery and you'd be in business.

I have a generator at the ready, but also have a charged battery for my stove because I don't like running the generator 24/7.

Hey Ebengel. I built a nice wood box to keep my back up battery in. Back up works great because the power has gone out but there is not even any noticable difference when it switches over. Ran for hours before power came back on. I use an RV battery. It is a sealed gel type. Box sits about 3 feet to the side of the stove and looks like it belongs there. A lot better than going to start up generator, that is if you are home when power goes out.

Gumby1 said:
Hey Ebengel. I built a nice wood box to keep my back up battery in. Back up works great because the power has gone out but there is not even any noticable difference when it switches over. Ran for hours before power came back on. I use an RV battery. It is a sealed gel type. Box sits about 3 feet to the side of the stove and looks like it belongs there. A lot better than going to start up generator, that is if you are home when power goes out.

Gumby1, I think you are right. I have reconsiderred and am going to pick up the battery wiring. Could you post a picture of the box you built to give me some ideas please.

ebengel said:
Gumby1, I think you are right. I have reconsiderred and am going to pick up the battery wiring. Could you post a picture of the box you built to give me some ideas please.

A nice box would be ideal. I just have my battery sitting in a Rubbermaid container. I would be interested in pics as well.

I would love to send pictures but we just picked up a new computer and having trouble with pics. If we get up and running soon I will post pictures of box. Its nothing fancy just some pine boards put together to fit over battery.

Stove look's great, happy heating!!

i love that stove, we have Thelins down here on the cape. With those, you do not need an inverter like you would with a normal appliance, all you need is a like a deep cycle 12v marine battery, and the wire cable things for your stove and you are in business, it also automatically charges and maintains the battery too.
talk about an excellent stove, and its not even that much more expensive

My daughter gave me the battery cables for christmas and I have an extra deep
cycle battery. Now I just need something nice to keep it in so it looks good
in the living room.

My neighbor Dickie bought a used Gnome four years ago... still works great with no problems so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.