Thermometer Sticking!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is a pro chef and insists on an accurate temp in the oven. Through this I've found out that ovens controls are often off by a fair amount. When I installed our new KitchenAid I had to calibrate it. From the factory it was about 35 deg off.

Todd said:
Another way to test thermometers is to stick them in the oven. I tried this with 3 different thermometers at once. 2 were over by about 75 degrees. One was about the same as the oven temp. But then again, who knows how accurate the oven is?

Down at ACE Hardware they had twelve inch clocks with thermometers with humidity gauges on them. Nice looking units for wall mount in the house. The main face is a clock. I lined nine of them up side by side and only found two that agreed on temp and humidity. They were sitting five clocks apart. Bought those two.

Guess that's why they call it "relative" humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.