This weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wkpoor said:
BrotherBart said:
wkpoor said:
Well if 3.5 is a garage what is 5.5 cu ft? :lol:

An antique barrel with a pie plate in the door. :lol:
No just saying today's big stoves were yesterday's small stoves. But if your referring to the antique barrels that never warp or crack and can basically last through a million heat cycles then I guess them too.

I don't know. I've been in a lot of old historic homes that were restored to their time period. The tradition was to have a coal or wood stove in every fireplace that were used as room heaters.

Were there big monsters that were used in the 50s, 60s, and 70s? sure. Were there huge pot belly stoves used 100+ years ago? Sure. But the room sized stoves were a lot more common than the big monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.