through the wall install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph015

Nov 26, 2010
SW PA
I am looking to install double wall stove pipe through a block basement wall to attach to a double walled chimney. Do I need to use a thimble to properly do that since the block is not combustible? Any advice or suggestions would be useful. Thanks

I had my Manny professionally installed. Through the block with a thimble. My wall is finished on the inside with drywall so that may change things, but, to support the weight of the chimney, I would think a proper thimble would be required.

I read somewhere that the triple wall is supposed to extend into the living area 3".. This is for pre-fab chimney not sure about hooking up to an existing flue..

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.