Timberwolf splitters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the unit is used and out of warranty there is no reason to go back to a dealer. Any small engine repair shop can handle the engine work. The hydraulic components are all off the shelf items that can be purchased locally and are easy to swap out.The only items that might require a dealer would be the , wedge ,beam, and push plate. But then a local welder or fab shop may fix it faster and for less cost.

Right, and there is very little work needs done usually. We've had our cheap MTD for over 20 years. No fixing yet.

Start a conversation with InifinityMike, he's got a TW-5 he's already broken and fixed his TW-5. (He bought a unit that had already seen many years of commercial use.)

Start a conversation with InifinityMike, he's got a TW-5 he's already broken and fixed his TW-5. (He bought a unit that had already seen many years of commercial use.)

I followed that thread but never saw where he got it fixed. The tw-5 I am looking at has low hours but has been sitting in storage for quite a few years, 2000 year model. This will be a good size investment for me so I am nervous about it and want to dot my i's and cross my t's. I will be placing a call to Timberwolf in a few as well.

Don't be scared. There is nothing on that splitter that is unique to Timberwolf or that would require the factory to work on. Pretty basic components that any competent respective shop (hydro, small engine, metal fab) could fix up in short order IF you had a problem.

Don't be scared. There is nothing on that splitter that is unique to Timberwolf or that would require the factory to work on. Pretty basic components that any competent respective shop (hydro, small engine, metal fab) could fix up in short order IF you had a problem.
Jags nailed it - basic components that any well equipped/resourceful shop can obtain. Work with a TW6 almost daily that's long out of warranty. Properly maintained, the machine's a rock.

Hey there, thats an incredible machine and it sounds like its in real good shape. Mine had the snot beat out of it by a commercial firewood processor.

I broke the wedge because they had allready put a slight crack in the front edge of it and I forced a big piece of cherry that actually was a crotch but from the pics in the other thread don't really show it. Anyway I brought to a local welder.

One of the valves has a leak and googled the manufacturer (Prince) and was able to have them ship me a seal kit. I still haven't put it in, but it doesn't look that hard to do.

Like its all ready been said there is nothing on that machine that can't be fixed or replaced by you or a local shop.

Before I bought this unit I had used a newer and much less abused TW5 from a different tree guy I know. The machine handled everything I threw at. Split 12 cord truly a beast of a machine.

I say go for it. It will last you a lifetime!

Call me if you have any other questions 516-805-0261

Status
Not open for further replies.