Todays easy pickings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
I watched a pile forming yesterday about 100 yds. down the road thought it might be intended for someone. Today the free sign went up, dropped what I was doing and it is now in my wood area. I am addicted to free wood especially that close, I might need help, is there a wood addiction hot line?:cool:
100_6262.JPG100_6263.JPG

Way to sit there like a buzzard, and swoop down when the time was right. :cool:
Whatizit, Cherry and Maple?

Reactions: raybonz and Defiant
Easy pickins indeed, nice work!

Reactions: Defiant
With a wood cutter's trained eye: I watched a pile forming yesterday about 100 yds. down the road
Today the free sign went up, (My heart started to flutter )
Seconds passed , then : dropped what I was doing and it is now in my wood area.
I admitted to myself : I am addicted to free wood especially that close,
I thought : I might need help, is there a wood addiction hot line?

So I posted this in the woodshed & now I feel much better.!:cool:

That's what we are here for, support group. ;) :)

Nice score!

I bet you did a quick off load to get back & get the rest.
Also I'm guessing the "Free Wood" sign some how got picked up & was in the truck during the scrounge ;)

That is sweet Defiant. By your picture we can plainly see you also are way ahead of us on spring! Nice to see the forsythia in blossom. With the contrast of green and yellow, it looks nice.

For sure you had to have seen plenty of flowers down there. Hope the trip was good.

Nice score Defiant, how did the wedding go?

Great, This is the house we stayed in at Bald Head Island, photo is of groom and his party
100_6134.JPG

Reactions: zap
Great score, I like the smaller stuff....easy to work with....those 200+ lbs. rounds can be a bear, and taking a break with the smaller stuff is always welcomed

Nice and neat wood area there. Love the pic with the guys on the roof. Bet it was a good time.

You bet, not sure if I should post this photo, but what the heck, wife is on porch;)100_6138.JPGI'll keep it a thumbnail:p

hahahaha.....now it's a party!

Status
Not open for further replies.