tree id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
This was one of many scrub trees I took off a property this week. I know what it is...let's see who else does?

Attachments

• rps20110804_202847.jpg
    rps20110804_202847.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 271
CHERRY!

fishingpol said:
Pear or perhaps apple. I'll go with pear. No, apple.

Some 'domestic' fruitwood alright.It belongs in my little smoker :coolsmile:

I think it is Callery Pear (aka Bradford Pear). The yellow wood seems like Callery Pears growing around here, and it is becoming a common exotic invasive tree in the east, so when you say 'scrub tree' I thnk of Callery Pear.

smokinjay said:
I'd guess Cherry also, but this statement makes me suspect he's throwing us a curve ball. :) "I know what it is…let’s see who else does?"

Woody Stover said:
smokinjay said:
I'd guess Cherry also, but this statement makes me suspect he's throwing us a curve ball. :) "I know what it is…let’s see who else does?"

Its a fruit tree! Doesnt seem like a bradford though, but probally is. Just pops for me a a weeping cherry.

I'm back to pear on this one. I'll stick with it this time. Bark looks too flaky for apple.

Ok , I said scrub trees....lots o mulberry, ash, and maple . It's no oak or hickory. Anyway, I was happy to find this badly injured pear tree. So, in the smoker it goes! I've never had pear.....any suggestions on what to cook first?

You've never had a pear and I've never eaten one. I hate those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.