1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Trouble Finding Dealer for BlazeKing

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by jhambley, Nov 27, 2012.

1. jhambley

jhambley Member

Loc:
    East Central Kansas
    I called all the dealers listed on the BlazeKing zip code lookup and they said they never sold the BlazeKing. Weird. Called BlazeKing and they suggested I call their distributor in Nebraska. I'm about 1.5 hours south of Kansas City, KS. Can anyone suggest a great place to buy a BK Princess Ultra?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    If they gave you the number to the distributor, try it. Somebody just ordered one and is having it shipped directly, because there is no dealer near, but I don't remember who.
  3. jhambley

jhambley Member

Loc:
    East Central Kansas
    I already called the Distributor in Nebraska. They are looking into it and are supposed to call me back...but no answer yet.
  4. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    It could be that the intention was to have that Nebraska distributor hook you up with a local retailer that actually buys stoves from BK.
  5. Kevin*

Kevin* Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Monroe, WA
    Can't help but good luck, i had to drive 1 hr then take a 1 hr fairy ride then drive another 15 mins.
  6. jhambley

jhambley Member

Loc:
    East Central Kansas
    Was it worth it?
  7. David Tackett

David Tackett Member

Loc:
    Waynesburg, Kentucky
    I had the same problem. I wanted a BK, but couldn't find a dealer nearby at all.
  8. jtb51b

jtb51b Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Birmingham AL
    I had the same problem, there were 2 dealers listed in TN (I am in Alabama, both were 150+ miles away) but both said they did not sell Blaze kings. I went the route of ordering one from a distant dealer. I would NOT do it again. Blaze King will recommend you NOT do that either. If you cannot get local support I would suggest buying a different brand.. While I am VERY happy with the customer service that BK ultimately provided me, and the stove is performing very well now-- I cannot say I would take that chance again. I am NOT anti BK in any way, I just want you to hear the flip side of the coin. Good luck with your decision.

Jason
    David Tackett likes this.
  9. Kevin*

Kevin* Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Monroe, WA
    Ohhhhhh yeah, i still think it's magic.
    PapaDave likes this.
  10. evilgriff

evilgriff Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Northern New Jersey
    Personally I drove 2hrs out of my way to another state, saved over 700.00 compared to the closer dealer. I am very happy with my stove and would make that run again any time as the dealer I worked with was excellent and reasonable. I understand this was a new model stove, but no reason for the local guy to jack up the price that much. It's his choice, this is America.
  11. ernie

ernie Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    Try calling us at Hechlers Hearth & Home in Troy Missouri. We have been selling Blaze King for years. We also keep quite a few Blaze King parts on hand. Www.hechlers.com
    Ernie
  12. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

So I am not the only one ! We had that problem too when we where looking for a stove but not just BK it was everyone. We ended up calling dealers to see what they had in stock and ignoring the websites.

Pete