uh oh, did I damage my oslo or....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mikepinto65 said:
jotulguy said:
No worries about the cement. I too wish we did a better job of making it neat though. There was an issue about 9 years back where there wasnt enough cement. Their answer was to over fill the grooves and let it push out. It seemed like a great way to be sure of proper cement but from time to time it does get over done. It should be easy to remove as noted earlier from the outer portion of the stove. The inner portions will still have plenty of cement for proper operation.

Thanks, this thread is almost 2 years old now. Im not sure how it was resurrected.

Hehheh . . . I noticed that too Mike and figured by now you were resting easy at night and not worrying too much about the excess cement. ;)

firefighterjake said:
mikepinto65 said:
jotulguy said:
No worries about the cement. I too wish we did a better job of making it neat though. There was an issue about 9 years back where there wasnt enough cement. Their answer was to over fill the grooves and let it push out. It seemed like a great way to be sure of proper cement but from time to time it does get over done. It should be easy to remove as noted earlier from the outer portion of the stove. The inner portions will still have plenty of cement for proper operation.

Thanks, this thread is almost 2 years old now. Im not sure how it was resurrected.

Hehheh . . . I noticed that too Mike and figured by now you were resting easy at night and not worrying too much about the excess cement. ;)

Yep! That was the one and only "issue" ive had! I thought I was done for the year, but just woke her back up today as were getting a bit of slushy mix and are in for a few chilly days.

When you shut down for the year, and clean the inside out real good, inspect the inner corners and edges where the firebox floor meets the walls. I've picked out loose cement, especially along the inside bottom of the sidewalls where they meet the firewall floor. I just cleaned those areas real good, wetted 'em down a bit, and pressed rutland stove cement in there, then smoothed it off real nice with a putty knife, then let it dry.

Looks like DAKSY found a 2yr old reason to bash Jotuls I love mine :zip:

Status
Not open for further replies.