Update on my Englander 13NC (DISSAPOINTED) NEED NEW INSERT RECOMMENDATIONS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaFattKidd said:
So did you order the Napoleon? The osburn 2400 is too deep for your fireplace I think. The 1402 is what I was looking for, then Sean mentioned the Osburn 2400 would fit. From everything I've read the 1402 is a great insert. Tell Sean I referred you (Dominick from NY). He has a good business and is always available for any questions.

Yep I already ordered the Napolean 1402 this afternoon. I think I made the right choice. What do you think?

usner21 said:
DaFattKidd said:
So did you order the Napoleon? The osburn 2400 is too deep for your fireplace I think. The 1402 is what I was looking for, then Sean mentioned the Osburn 2400 would fit. From everything I've read the 1402 is a great insert. Tell Sean I referred you (Dominick from NY). He has a good business and is always available for any questions.

Yep I already ordered the Napolean 1402 this afternoon. I think I made the right choice. What do you think?
Congrats. I've actually handled one of these at a local shop. It's a nice stove, although I never considered it because it wouldn't fit my fireplace. Ultimately, I went with the Enviro because it was the largest firebox I could fit in my setup. When you receive your stove, check the baffle thickness. If it's only 1/2in., then order a new set to have on standby. The newer ones are much thicker and more durable. The old ones break down fairly quick. Seems to be a common problem amongst owners around here.

kingquad said:
usner21 said:
DaFattKidd said:

Congrats. I've actually handled one of these at a local shop. It's a nice stove, although I never considered it because it wouldn't fit my fireplace. Ultimately, I went with the Enviro because it was the largest firebox I could fit in my setup. When you receive your stove, check the baffle thickness. If it's only 1/2in., then order a new set to have on standby. The newer ones are much thicker and more durable. The old ones break down fairly quick. Seems to be a common problem amongst owners around here.

Will do thanks for the advice! Any other things to look for? By the way I got a great price from Sean at dynamitebuys.com!

kingquad said:
I would seriously consider the VistaFlame 1700 that was posted earlier. It's a rebadged Enviro 1700 and that's a pretty good price.

Pretty much the same insert, but not exactly. The Enviro has a 5/16" thick top plate and the Vistaflame is 1/4".

I'm so glad for you! Congrats. You're going to love it. I used to have the 1101 the 1402s little brother. I really liked that stove. The baffle is pretty flimsy, but its not much of an issue as long as you don't smash your wood in there. You may need an offset box for the connection to your liner. One thing I liked about that baffle system it was easy to remove for cleaning. I'm so glad you went with dynamitebuys. Sean's a good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.