Update On The Chusky Chinese Chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
I said I would report back if I had any problems with the Chinese 52cc chainsaw off of eBay. Bucking the fourth cord of big red and white oak yesterday the chain stopped. Popped the cover and the cast metal spider in the center of the clutch was busted in three pieces. Got another clutch on the way for $13 including shipping and we shall see what we shall see.

Hope it stays together. I love using the thing. Light, plenty of power and one wood cutting sucker. When the chain spins. that is.

I've wondered about those chinese saws...lots of cc's for the money. Not the greatest power to weight ratio as I remember. I hope it runs for many years before it's next failure. I have had good luck with large chinese wrenches, but I've never tried chinese engines.

Wonder if a clutch for the RedMax that saw cloned would fit? Or a Stihl/Husky clutch? Could be an interesting upgrade as you go project.

Reactions: HittinSteel
Wonder if a clutch for the RedMax that saw cloned would fit? Or a Stihl/Husky clutch? Could be an interesting upgrade as you go project.

That might not be a bad idea. I don't think I would like to be playing with the clutch every four cords. Of course, it could be a fluke and the next one will last 40. Dunno.

I don't think I would like to be playing with the clutch every four cords. Of course, it could be a fluke and the next one will last 40. Dunno.

Sure was the easiest saw clutch to take off I have ever seen. The part that broke in three pieces was the part that was screwed on the crankshaft so it just fell off when I took the chain brake off. <>

I won't be cutting four more cords anyway. If my neighbor hadn't of had the big oaks taken down my wood cutting days were over at the the end of last year. Gonna just buy c/s/d when this four years worth runs out, or I will be drooling in my soup at "The Home" by then.

"Nurse, roll me over by the fireplace. And bring me my teeth and a cookie.You know back in my day there was this wood burner's web site... Nurse. Nurse. Quit rolling your eyes."

I would bet that the clutch is a copy of something, the trick would be to find what. The Chinese don't seem to develop anything, but do a good job copying others. The Chondas that Harbor freight sold were close enough that you could interchange with genuine Honda parts.

I have a sister that has been wanting to buy one of those Chinese saws.

()

"Nurse, roll me over by the fireplace. And bring me my teeth and a cookie.You know back in my day there was this wood burner's web site... Nurse. Nurse. Quit rolling your eyes."

It's better that you ask for a cookie then calling the nurse "Cookie".:mad:

I hate those cutsy lil terms of endearment that dirty old men call me...there are some doosies let me tell ya....
Just sayin.. <>

I hope you are gonna be willing to pay extra to have that wood stacked. The guys around here charge 50 bucks extra to stack.:confused:

I hate those cutsy lil terms of endearment that dirty old men call me...there are some doosies let me tell ya....
Just sayin.. <>

I know what ya mean doll britches.

Status
Not open for further replies.