Upland 207 worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuster34

Feb 26, 2014
Elk Rapids Michigan
I live in northern michigan have an upland 207 wood stove. I am remodeling and have no more use for it. Is it worth trying to sell? It is lightly used and in good to excellent condition. It is not an epa stove and am not sure your even allowed to install them in a home as a heat source. Can I sell it? If so what is a fair price? Or is it scrap? Any info would be appreciated.

Sounds like the 207 needs a rear burn plate like I put in our 602.

I had to fab the rear burn plate. The 602 doesn't have one. I made a cardboard template then had a friend with a plasma cutter cut up some 3/16 steel to match the template.

Last edited:
I'd be scared to drill holes in the back. I need to have new side burn plates made too. Do they have to be the same shape or can I make them bigger to cover more of the side panel? I finally got it installed and had my first burn yesterday. I was really impressed by the amount of heat and the length of burn (5 hours and I went to bed with plenty of wood left in the stove).

The side panels need to meet the baffle snuggly. But if you want to extend a bit sideways it should be ok. Drilling holes in the back was no big deal. Cast iron drills easily. I mounted the back shield with 4 - #10 screws, using a nut a a spacer on the interior before mounting the back plate. It has worked out very well. The back of the stove is significantly cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.