Used stove value

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sandstimes3

Feb 3, 2019
Ct
Hi everyone, I have been looking for a insert for my fireplace I’ve priced new the Lopi cape cod, and the PE t5. I recently found a used jotulC450 Kennebec. My question is what is a fair price for a used stove. The owner did just have it inspected last week and is asking 1500. Is this reasonable? It’s is about six years old and has the double door.

Hi everyone, I have been looking for a insert for my fireplace I’ve priced new the Lopi cape cod, and the PE t5. I recently found a used jotulC450 Kennebec. My question is what is a fair price for a used stove. The owner did just have it inspected last week and is asking 1500. Is this reasonable? It’s is about six years old and has the double door.
If it is in perfect condition 1500 probably isn't to bad but it has to be perfect at that price. With normal wear and tear a 6 year old stove should be around 1000

I don’t believe that insert has double doors.