VC Encore Glass Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbean

Nov 13, 2013
New Hampshire (southern)
We have an VC Encore stove. We are getting rid of it in a few days as this one is warped and has major issues with the ceramic covering cracking easily.

My question is though, why does one side of the glass door get smokey (not black creosote but more hazy if you will) and the other side stays clear and clean. It's very strange. We will not have the stove much longer and are replacing it with a Napoleon 1400PL.

Thanks

My own findings were that I have a bad habit when loading wood I favor one side and the other side burns much hotter.
After I did good cleaning this summer removing the glass, I now try to load even and have cleaner glass

Status
Not open for further replies.