1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Venting Tips for a Summer's Heat 1500 sq Foot Pellet Stove?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Friend of Paul, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Friend of Paul

Friend of Paul New Member

So my next question is:

What is the most low profile way I can vent this stove? The best spot in my house seems to be the front corner of my den. This would involve putting the vent pipe out the front wall of my house. I was wondering if the stove pipe has to go up vertically a certain amount once it's outside? Or can I just run it out straight to make it less visible? Any ideas?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    You can run it straight out, many do. That's how mine is, and it works fine. Some stove makers want a 3 foot rise to maintain the draft in case of power loss. Follow the manufacturer's requirements.
    When I lose power, I do get a bit of smoke in the house, but the tight stove and the OAK minimize it. On the plus side, the venting is super easy to clean - takes about 5 minutes, and that includes going to the shed to get the brush!
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

Does the front of your house face the prevailing wind direction?