veronica ecotec pellet video demonstrate cleaning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the mom 1

Apr 23, 2016
california
I cannot find any actual videos demonstrating how to do a deep clean on my 3 year old Ecotec pellet stove. Needs something. No longer dealer nearby to do the job. Had to replace pellet burn box x 2 and it is giving out again (too hot) FIREEX recently looks bad. Difficult to adjust (not a tech person) but suspect it needs deepest clean. Removing outer panels? Any help appreciated but feel video might be best.

the mom 1, welcome to the forum! When was the last time it was deep cleaned? I haven't found any videos on this... Since the Veronica is a mix of steel and majolica, not sure how it differs from the Elena that has full majolica sides. Need to turn off and unplug stove before you start anything! On the Elena, I have to remove the digital screen on top and then the hopper cover assembly. Carefully allow the screen to dangle in the back. If they are the original screws, they are Torx ... the bit I use for interchangeable head screw driver is CR-VT-15. The original bolts on the clean-out covers are metric #8. Allen wrench is needed for the exhaust blower but not sure of the size. Pliers needed to move vacuum line clamp off barb.

Edit: on the hopper lid, you have to disconnect the safety microswitch. Careful not do disconnect wire from spade connectors!

With the Veronica, not sure about how the steel/majolica is secured. Once you figure out how to get the body of the stove open, you are looking for the clean-out ports - metal plates with silicone gaskets. I use an inexpensive dryer lint brush remove fly ash in the interior exhaust channels. I use a shop vac with drywall bag and a smaller hose (old chunk of garden hose that was handy) connected with a adapter to the vacuum hose. Smaller hose can be snaked into the internal exhaust channels that run side to side between the clean-out ports and up the sides of the firebox. The exhaust blower can be removed for cleaning just be cautious not to bend blades or damage/pull out the exhaust temp sensor that is on a braided wire that goes through a round silicone on the exhaust blower cover. You should also clean the barb where the vacuum line attaches. Do not apply suction directly to the vacuum line as it may damage the vacuum switch. Check the hose for any holes/cracks.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• Elena clean-out.JPG
    Elena clean-out.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Christmas 2013 128 (533x800).jpg
    Christmas 2013 128 (533x800).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 249
  • Fall 2013 008 (533x800).jpg
    Fall 2013 008 (533x800).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 261
  • Christmas 2013 138 (533x800).jpg