Very interesting...Hearthstone selling direct

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walk softly and carry a big stick.....

I've never...ever asked anyone if they knew who I was. And, realistically, none of them knew me anyway!

But the other day I was turning in a questionable warranty for a commercial dehumidifier that broke. The guy said he'd see what he could do In the email and on the phone, I mentioned I used to be in HVAC and I did use my @hearth.com email addy....

They called back and said I could keep the old one I had fixed AND they'd send me a brand new one also (mine is three years old).

I assume they got the hint that I was an "influencer". Everyone googles everyone these days......especially when money and reputation are involved.

Frankly, though, I've found HearthStone to be a bit behind the times in some things. They hardly know who we (hearth.com) or I am....although in 1997 they were one of our first big sponsors. That was Brett, who then moved to Jotul CEO......and then made Jotul a 14 year sponsor!

This may seem hard to believe, buy many companies and even individuals are about in 1996 when it comes to all things internet.

Good questions.

I know you do make whatever you want to charge for the install plus materials. As far as warranty you are the person they will be sent to for work. You are reimbursed when claims are filed. I haven't looked at the program specifics in a while, so I cannot give accurate answers.

Hearthstone sales aren't where we would want them to be, but that is just part and parcel with the brand.

apologies for beating this dead horse, Ken...
so, they sed you to do the warrantee work, and reimburse....for what? Just parts? What about shipping of those parts? What about tech travel and labor?

Status
Not open for further replies.