W.e.t.t. Certified installer a hack!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sorry it took so long for the update. Called county inspector on it and he basically told me oh well your crap luck. Finally getting around to dealing with it as I'm toward the tail end of burning and am changing the hotblast out for a heatmax. Decided to go with another guy locally my neighbours had install stoves. Full quote to redo the liner and stove pipe is around $1700. Wife figures we should try to take the original guy to small claims court after that. Another thing the local guy said was wett has had many complaints about the original contractor from himself and others and wett has never done anything about it

Wife figures we should try to take the original guy to small claims court after that.
If you can prove with good pics and an expert witness or two that the work was substandard by local or industry standards and show damages, you could certainly have a good shot.

You may have a problem with the fact that the work was signed off by a code inspector, and also after two years, a judge in a court of equity may think it's a bit stale by now. But I'd think it would be worth looking into.

Good luck with it.

Reactions: jb6l6gc
Very true. I asked the new guy if he could take pics of the issues when he does the work. Told him I wouldn't use his name and he told me go ahead. Apparently he's put in a few complaints himself against this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.