Wall thimble stub

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DavidGP

Oct 3, 2020
Canada
Hi, first post here :) I tried searching the forum for an answer but couldnt find anything.

I'm curently installing a wood stove in my basement throught a concrete wall. The instruction mention that the pipe stub from the T must extend at least 3" into the room. However if I do that I'm going to end up with a black ring surounding the pipe, a 3" of class A SS pipe going then a black adapter to connect to the double wall pipe.

I was wondering what was the purpose of the 3" stub and what could be done to cover it. The interior wall is going to be finished so, aestheticly speaking it looks like crap...was hoping the pipes would be all black...I can't belive I'm the first one to have this issue...

Oh and the pipes are all made from supervent, couldnt find anything on their website

Thanks!

Can’t you spray paint the stainless stub?

Here you go
30E5CC21-A46B-43BE-9577-917550B7296A.png