We have ignition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmule

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Conifer Colorado
My chimney is installed and here is the inaugural burn pic

ry=400.jpg

One word. Beautiful.

Looks great! I do not know what your ambient temps are but be prepared to sweat your rear off if you get anxious a little early with that soapstone beast! She won't cool down quickly.

Well done!

pen

Stunning. Now get some folks over there celebrating in that beautiful space. :cheese: Rick

That's a beautiful way to start the season. Congratulations.

PS: That's an unusual setting with the chamferred door openings. Is the rest of the house the same?

That looks like the something you would see in a brochure. Really really nice and clean.

1st class looking installation. good luck and enjoy..............

Very nice looking install I am sure you will enjoy it!

Sweet :) Talk about a focal point !!

Congrats that looks excellent! Good job!

Ray

BeGreen said:

PS: That's an unusual setting with the chamferred door openings. Is the rest of the house the same?

Yes, the rest of the house has those same kind of openings. I didn't like them at first but they grew on me after a while.

I must say I was amazed at the amount of heat that this stove put out considering how long it burned and how lazy the fire looked while burning. It was hard not mess with tending the fire like I did with the other stoves I have used.

Awesome job. Gorgeous!

Very nice, but you still need to touch up that stove. ;-)

gmule said:
BeGreen said:

Yes, the rest of the house has those same kind of openings. I didn't like them at first but they grew on me after a while.

I must say I was amazed at the amount of heat that this stove put out considering how long it burned and how lazy the fire looked while burning. It was hard not mess with tending the fire like I did with the other stoves I have used.

You will learn quickly that you don't need to be poking around in that fire. Once you get the cat and the draft set it will do fine until you are ready to reload. Once again, that is a beautiful install. You can be proud. I hope you bought a nice bottle of wine to top this off with a great toast.

Thats looks nice!!
Has it been cold in your area? Theres a chill in the air here in the northeast, feels like football weather.

Really gorgeous install. That baby will be keeping you warm for many a winter. Great looking job!

Nice install. Hard to go wrong with such a beautiful stove. What is casting color?

That's a fine looking stove you have there. I agree a very clean install, tidy. Some comfy chairs, a roaring fire and a Hot tawdy and your all set :)

Cheers!

Beautiful!

weatherguy said:
Thats looks nice!!
Has it been cold in your area? Theres a chill in the air here in the northeast, feels like football weather.
Yes there is a chill in the NE air. Fired my QuadraFire up last night . Night time lows are expected to be 39-40 Thursday -Saturday. I'm thinking it's going to get cool and stay cool, with all the crazy weather we've been having here in the NE. I'm ready!

Check the forecast. Huge area expecting frost yet this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.