1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

What is going on here?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by jayfire30, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skypager

skypager New Member

Loc:
    Bucks County, PA
    I can surely understand that and would be peeved if a company did something simular to me.

My competition down the street is quickly earning a very simular reputation. He's been in buissness for many years and we're the new guys in the area. He's never had to worry about customer service because if you wanted a stove you had to go thru him. He and his staff treat people so rudely and won't give anyone that doesn't have a check book stick out of their pocket the time of day that I hear our new customers comment on it daily. He's not hurting yet, but will be unless his customer service changes, because there is now a choice in town. But heck, the joke around here is that his attitude makes him our best sales person.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jayfire30

jayfire30 New Member

Hey Shane and Frank... seems like you guys are in the same boat as me. Not to wish any of my experiences on anyone, but now i know its not just me, that there are other people going through this. Also, I have said basically the same thing to customers about having a pro come out, or just a half-a** worker. The consumer does not understand that no matter if its installing , selling, or servicing there arent too many pro's out there. We just cant hire some kid that just graduated high school with no experience in the field, it would be wasted money at this point of the year, and just cause more headaches. But as Craig has said, its just the nature of the buisness and the holidays, people think the world ends on dec 25th, when in reality its just another day for us in the hearth industry.
    Jay
  3. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Well, the internet dealer is a local dealer, just local to me. They have a shop and sell directly to customers. I spent more time talking to them on the phone than the Lopi dealer, and their help and discussions were important to my decision process. The decision to get the Osburn over the Lopi came down to availability first, then price, and some features. It was a hard decision. Looking at a stove with no experience with current generation stoves is no better than looking on the web.
    Some web sites are better than others, but that's no indication of anything in my experience...and my experience runs very deep on that.

I'm sure either stove will heat my home, and I'm happy with the stove overall so far.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.