What is on this Englander 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04HemiRam2500

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2013
SW PA
Saw this youtube video today was not sure what is on top of the stove?

In some other thread somewhere I saw something about a convection lid for the 30. I searched a bit, but couldn't find any information on it. Maybe that's what it is?

Not sure it is or is not a factory option but that looks like an extended fan shroud - may just be home brew. I am more impressed with the OD Green paint job.

Is this just someone showing off their stove on You Tube? I did not watch more than 10sec. of the vid so I have no clue if they move the camera any closer to get a better look.

My blaze king has a convection deck that sits on the stove top and routes the blower air over the stove top where it picks up even more heat than the factory setup which just blows heat over the stove back.

That fancy convection deck on that englander looks homemade. It is a great idea to make the heat exchanger bigger. The tradeoff is a smaller stove top for setting your junk on.

I tried to start a conversation with DexterDay but his settings won't let me. Does anyone know how he made it? I like the pain job but I prefer black!

I tried to start a conversation with DexterDay but his settings won't let me. Does anyone know how he made it? I like the pain job but I prefer black!

He's not on the site anymore.

cool.

One question that has been bugging me that came to mind watching that vid.
Burning with the secondary's like that are you getting more efficiency that way then just turning the primary up a little and burn the gasses up right at the wood?

I would expect that the lower the input air setting the better the efficiency. Both methods gain complete combustion and low emissions but higher input air settings mean that much more flushing of heat up the flue.

I would expect that the lower the input air setting the better the efficiency. Both methods gain complete combustion and low emissions but higher input air settings mean that much more flushing of heat up the flue.
Ok I concur since you can't turn the secondary air off to make up for a little more primary. Thank you and Cheers!

Does anyone know how he made it or if I can contact him someway. I need my heta to move laterally and I think this will help in my house situation.

I noticed he has a flue damper installed too. Although the 30 does NOT call for one.

Looks like he has the stove in the basement. Maybe a lot of pipe-strong draft situation?

I need my heta to move laterally and I think this will help in my house situation.

Making heat move laterally does not require the convection deck. The deck will allow you to make more heat though which will help your problem. Hot air rises to the ceiling and pools. Given the information you've provided, a simple ceiling fan seems to be the best bet for distributing this pooled ceiling air laterally.

Lots of threads on this site about moving the heat from room to room since all of us that heat with stoves face that issue to some extent.

I am more impressed with the OD Green paint job.

I'm thinking that the color is just some awesome flourescent lights reflecting off of the colored walls and floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.