What is the best insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit higher than I expected for the Buck 20. Did you try http://northeastwoodstove.com/index.php ? The Buck should give you good burn times in the 10-12 hr range depending on outdoor temps. The Princess has a larger firebox and with the greater capacity will provide longer burns when the outdoor temps are mild. If the BK is within budget and you like it's features, it should work out. It's a popular stove.

Ok Im going with the blaze king. Got a price from a local shop of 3100 out the door. With surround and black door.

CTD01- welcome aboard. Nice house x2.. Lots of good inserts out there- You'll find steel inserts for up to 1500 sqft anywhere from about 1800-2500 depending on manufacturer. Two of my favorites are Enviro and Pac Energy. An Enviro Kodiak 1200 insert will run you under 2000, and the Pac Energy about the same. If you want cast iron look best values out there are prob Enviro Venice and Boston 1200 models (around 2200 and 2500 dollars respectively). What part of CT are you in?? Here located in SE but work Central CT stove shop.. Jotul makes nice cast inserts (Kennebec and Rockland) about 2500-3000. A lot of nice choices out there, it depends on how many bags of money you have to spend. For a 6 inch liner kit (non insul) you'll spend about 500, and if you want it installed and delivered, about 500 or so more. Good luck get going next month by the end we'll all be itching to do those break-in first fires of the season..

Stovelark
Enviro EF3 FS pellet
Enviro 1700 Kodiak FS wood
Enviro Empress FPI AC pellet

Thanks! Im in wallingford ct. I got say im pretty stuck on the bk princess insert because of the burn times. All other inserts are around 10-12 hours which aint bad but bk get alot more.

Hey Paul,

From the reports we get from this forum, you will be very happy with the Princess. Is that $3100 with the liner?

Ok boyght the stove from fireplace ect in milford ct for 3100. I read all great reviews about the insert so in a few months we will see.

Reactions: Hiram Maxim
Congratulations. Take some pictures once you get it installed. We love stove eye candy, especially when it burning!

Ok boyght the stove from fireplace ect in milford ct for 3100. I read all great reviews about the insert so in a few months we will see.
That sounds like a decent price for the east coast area. I could have sworn I saw reports of the Princess insert going for around $3,700.

yep called around 3700 with the black door. I got black door because it was 200 less lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.