What is the best way to extend my chimney 54 inches?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1fifty

Sep 7, 2013
VA
Hello,

I am looking to install an insulated flexible liner inside of my existing chimney but I first need to know how to extend my chimney. In order to get it 2' above my peak (which is within 10' of the chimney) I need to extend the chimney by 54". Can someone give me some ideas on the best way to do this?

DSCN1032a.JPG DSCN1035.JPG DSCN1036.JPG

Insulated, it oughta work.

Insulated, it oughta work.

Yes, I ended up insulating the liner.

It's not quite 54" but could you get a 6" rigid clay top plate and join a 48" length of rigid 6" to go from just below the plate up to the cap?
http://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/rigid_liners.php

I ended up doing just that but with a flat top plate and modifying a brace kit to stabilize it. Now I need to figure out how to go from the liner to the stove but that is for another thread.

Thanks for the help.

Good going. You're on the home stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.