What to do with my old ZC fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beakon20

Aug 27, 2008
Maryland
I'm fairly new to the board, but have been reviewing the posts for the last few months. You can see the story behind the switch from the ZC fireplace to the wood stove here:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/22149/

Anyways, now i'm left with fairly new zero clearance wood fireplace and 12' of SS pipe. I have tried unloading it on the local classifieds but I guess this isn't something anyone really wants. Any suggestions on what I should do with it? I don't really have anywhere else to install it and I don't want to have to pay to dispose of this at the dump. Right now it's just taking up space in the shed.

If it's just in your way and you don't care if you get anything for it, you can try an ad for free scrap metal on craig's list. Scrap's going for good prices these days, and there are people around who'll pick it up from you. One of my wood suppliers is also in the scrap metal business, and I gave him a boatload of stuff from our house remodel that I would otherwise have been stuck trying to dispose of, and in exchange, he's going to bring me 4 cords of rounds next month. One man's trash... Rick

I'd probably take the 12' of stainless in myself to get the scrap dollars. Should be worth your time if there is someplace close.

Status
Not open for further replies.