What type of damper handle is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Riinehart

Mar 24, 2021
Olivebridge, NY
Hi all — the fireplace in my house has always been missing its damper handle. I'd love to replace it, but can't figure out what type it is (doesn't seem to match anything I've found online). Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

DamperHandle.jpg

Looks like it would be pretty easy to fabricate a handle, with a bolt through the slot..Finding something like that sitting on a shelf might be a challenge..

Thanks, GENECOP! Yeah, I had a feeling it wouldn't be something too easy to find. Any idea what kind of a shop I would contact for something like that? I have a hard time even envisioning what it would look like.

Thanks, GENECOP! Yeah, I had a feeling it wouldn't be something too easy to find. Any idea what kind of a shop I would contact for something like that? I have a hard time even envisioning what it would look like.

More than a shop I would be looking for a quality handyman...The problem with going to a metal shop would be getting what you need, they won’t design it, they just want to fabricate according to a specific drawing..A good handyman can cobble something together just using items from a home center ..