What's that smell? Oh Sh*t, the dogs on fire!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah, they are but that doesn't stop them from wanting to sit in your lap and drool all over you.
Ours HATED the heat, in fact we wouldn't have gotten an air conditioner except for her needing it.
Mine will knock the others out of her way so she can be the closest to us, and if we sit on the couch, she's almost instantly laying across our laps.
She's cold blooded though. She won't move for hours if we lay a blanket over her.

Had a Manx with spina bifida . . . she loved to climb in behind the woodstove where she was toasty warm and out of sight of the other cats. A friend came over and was very concerned that she would burst into flames, but honestly it never got that hot in the rear of the stove.

Reactions: electrathon
Had a Manx with spina bifida . . . she loved to climb in behind the woodstove where she was toasty warm and out of sight of the other cats. A friend came over and was very concerned that she would burst into flames, but honestly it never got that hot in the rear of the stove.
I second that story. I had a cat that spent most of its time sleeping behind the stove. Warmer than the rest of the room, the other animals left her alone, she just slept happy there.

My dog HATES the wood stove. She's a husky/shepherd mix, and hates the hot weather. She finds the coolest place in the house, or begs to go play in the snow.

My dog HATES the wood stove. She's a husky/shepherd mix, and hates the hot weather. She finds the coolest place in the house, or begs to go play in the snow.
I know how that goes. We had a husky mix years ago and she hated the stove and the hot weather as well. She would always retreat to the back bathroom on the tile.