Whats the measurements???????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Just got the call on this one, What size is it...... WTF!

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 480
smokinjay said:

I would say 100 inches in diameter if not more.

zap

duuuuude.... judging by the size of that window on the side of house behind it,I'd guess 6 foot plus easily.

You gonna grab it? That's like 20% of my season's supply there :lol:

Thistle said:
duuuuude.... judging by the size of that window on the side of house behind it,I'd guess 6 foot plus easily.

He says its 55 inch x 14' red oak...WOW Biggest I have ever seen is in my avatar at 44 inch. Love it when they say grab the big saw... :cheese:

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

55inch red oak.

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

He says its 55 inch x 14' red oak...WOW Biggest I have ever seen is in my avatar at 44 inch. Love it when they say grab the big saw... :cheese:

Niiiice. :coolgrin: Looks like you could get 6,almost 7ft clear before hitting any of those huge forks.Be an awesome slab for massive dining room table.For my yet unpurchased 15th century Scottish castle. ;-P You know,the one with the huge fireplace with opening big enough to roast an ox in over the fire :vampire:

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Niiiice. :coolgrin: Looks like you could get 6,almost 7ft clear before hitting any of those huge forks.Be an awesome slab for massive dining room table.For my yet unpurchased 15th century Scottish castle. ;-P

Wish you where here I would slab a few up for you. With the time I have this could be the 880 first cross cut action. Roll my ancle hard Monday dont feel like putting 2 day behind a saw. :cheese:

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Niiiice. :coolgrin: Looks like you could get 6,almost 7ft clear before hitting any of those huge forks.Be an awesome slab for massive dining room table.For my yet unpurchased 15th century Scottish castle. ;-P

Wish you where here I would slab a few up for you. With the time I have this could be the 880 first cross cut action. Roll my ancle hard Monday dont feel like putting 2 day behind a saw. :cheese:

Take care of that ankle,brother.As we age things dont heal as fast. If you go back to work too soon,its easy to cause more serious & permanent damage.I pulled a disc in lower back in May 2007 just by reaching up to close a window at home,as luck would have it,got the phone call that evening to report for a new job 5 days later.Didnt turn it down of course,but was very careful the first 2 weeks until I felt 100% again.

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Take care of that ankle,brother.As we age things dont heal as fast. If you go back to work too soon,its easy to cause more serious & permanent damage.I pulled a disc in lower back in May 2007 just by reaching up to close a window at home,as luck would have it,got the phone call that evening to report for a new job 5 days later.Didnt turn it down of course,but was very careful the first 2 weeks until I felt 100% again.

Yea thats what I am trying nothing but ice now 48 hours. Looks to me even with the 880 2-3 hours wot trigger time. This will make the 70cc saw puke! :lol:

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

55inch red oak.

Looks bigger in the picture but still a huge tree!

zap

Yea that end with all the limbs going on, could be 100 inch mark. 55 is as big as I have heard of I will put a tape on it, if its solif I may take one slab out of the middle. (also depends if I can even stand that long) :coolsmirk:

Messing with the GF's stacks again so she took it out on your ankle!

zap

zapny said:
Messing with the GF's stacks again so she took it out on your ankle!

zap

Stepped into a small hole walking....No deeper than 3 inchs. :lol:

yooperdave said:
jay...like your signature says...cut that one up, and i'll get you another!

Yep Story of my saws if it was easy they wouldnt call me... :cheese:

smokinjay said:
yooperdave said:
jay...like your signature says...cut that one up, and i'll get you another!

Yep Story of my saws if it was easy they wouldnt call me... :cheese:

:coolgrin:

Jay, fill a bucket with ice and then add water, stick your foot in it for 20 minutes. Then, draw the alphabet with your toes with your foot in the air, both small and capital letters. Do that 3 times per day.

wendell said:
Jay, fill a bucket with ice and then add water, stick your foot in it for 20 minutes. Then, draw the alphabet with your toes with your foot in the air, both small and capital letters. Do that 3 times per day.

That's funny because that's about what I am doing. Make it up and down the stairs 4 times today and a couple laps around the homestead. Oh and wiggle the toes... :cheese:

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Not an oak Jay, but you can come and cut this one up. That is the ornery one laying on that stump. She is 5'2"

Cottonwood-Judy-2.jpg

Wow, that is a serious tree Dennis. I'm impressed by your wood cutting skills. Nicely done.

No, don't blame that one on me BeGreen. Although I have cut several like this in the past, this one was done by a neighbor.

Backwoods Savage said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Not an oak Jay, but you can come and cut this one up. That is the ornery one laying on that stump. She is 5'2"

Cottonwood-Judy-2.jpg

Last big red oak I done was enough to say never again.(Aug 2009) :cheese: with my ankle I might have to pass. (Unless I can run that 880 setting down) :lol:

Backwoods Savage said:
No, don't blame that one on me BeGreen. Although I have cut several like this in the past, this one was done by a neighbor.

Doesn't look like it fell as planned, either.

No it didn't. I don't think that fellow does a whole lot of cutting.

Then to top it off, he was going to push it around with a small dozer.....and ran into bees; probably yellow jackets. I saw it happen but was inside the car at the time; a good place to be when yellow jackets are involved.

I am going after that Big Oak in the Morning.... ;-) Will get pics of the 880 fighting to cut this monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.