What's the smallest insurance-approved stove you know of?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a catalytic stove, but it cannot burn at very low rates. It is a large 3.2 cu.ft. stove with an advertised burn time of 10 - 14 hours, and folks here got all excited when one person claimed to have once done 25 hours.

By comparison, the smaller 2.75 cu.ft. BK Ashford 30 has an advertised burn time of 30 hours on western softwoods, and I have countless times done 36 hours of active cat burning on single loads of hardwood. That's 3x longer on a firebox that's 15% smaller, which is what enables us to run these stoves all day at a constant even temperature, without overheating the house in those less brutal shoulder seasons.

Well thats a shame.... I know I get 8 hours of good heat from a full load on my 20. but I almost always leave it on low. That keeps my 700 sqft mancave hot plus keeps the main floor warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.