Where to buy cat combuster gasket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLAZE82

Feb 16, 2009
north east G.A.
Guys I have searched the web over trying to find some where to purchase a piece of 2"x30" combuster gasket. So far I have had no luck, I have a Blaze king princess stove and would like to do some maintenance IE clean the combuster, the instruction manual says that I can obtain the gasket through my dealer, but I would like to find a place on line to get it as my dealer is approximately 45 miles away. Also does any of yall know what paint finish is on the blaze king princess? flat, satin, or gloss. If you guys could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Is this preventative? How much wood have you run through it?

yes this is preventative maintenance. It probley doesn't need it now, but it will sooner or later and I am the type of guy that really belives in maintance plus I just want to do it.

We have 2" wide Interam gasket that we use to wrap our combustors.

BLAZE82 said:
yes this is preventative maintenance. It probley doesn't need it now, but it will sooner or later and I am the type of guy that really belives in maintance plus I just want to do it.

gotcha, I'm interested to hear what you find when you do it as I tend to be just the opposite.

Woodstock for 2" gasket or go to your local hardware and they should either have it or be able to order it. I know our hardware (Ace) carries many sizes. Don't forget the glue.

Backwoods Savage said:
Woodstock for 2" gasket or go to your local hardware and they should either have it or be able to order it. I know our hardware (Ace) carries many sizes. Don't forget the glue.

Are you supposed to glue on the gasket around the combuster? The instructions in the manual don't say anything about glue.

I bought one for my royal heir at www.a1stoves.com, looks like they have others available. Shipping seemed a bit high though.

I've never changed the gasket on the cat but don't see why it would be any different than gaskets on other areas of the stove.

Just call the dealer and ask them tp purchase it over the phone with a credit card and have them mail it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.