Which pellets would you chose?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

cristiansmom

Hearth Supporter
Jul 17, 2008
Rhode Island
I have the choice for early buy for these pellets.. Which do you prefer...

Barefoot for $247 ton
O'malley for $234 ton
Okanagan for $270 ton

I used Okanagan last year and this price is about the same as when I ordered in the summer... They are really good pellets but are Omalley and barefoot also?? I heard they are... Thanks for any input...

Debi

For those prices, I'd be getting the Barefoots. The Okies are a great pellet too, but not that much better to deserve paying $23 more a ton. The Barefoots are great pellets.

imacman said:
For those prices, I'd be getting the Barefoots. The Okies are a great pellet too, but not that much better to deserve paying $23 more a ton. The Barefoots are great pellets.

X2

Barefoots would be my choice out of these brands as well! :)

You must buy from sswp also, I got the card in the mail today. I still have 1 ton of Barefoots left, theyre xcellent, and i split a ton of Omalleys last fall with Xena and I was impressed with them, not as good as Barefoots but close. Okanagans are too expensive in my opinion although they are great pellets- great heat low ash. But the smell is not great. Im going with another ton of Omalleys and Barefoots - I think.

great idea!! Yes, the smell of the okies is strong but my stove cleaner said that is a sign of a good pellet.. It smells sooo much like wood and is very light... Anyway, thanks for the opinions I think I will get 1 of each and yes, I do buy from SSWP.... Love them!!!

Debi

Omalley and Barefoot are both great - in my stove.
I would try a few bags of both before diving into a ton of each.
You might find your stove burns one better than the other
and with the small price difference it would make sense
to go for two tons of what works best. Remember all stoves
are different and what burns good in mine may not in yours
or vice versa.

I would go with the BAREFOOT.
Okies seem to burn hot and FAST.

Is there anyone that sells Barefoot in Southern Maine. just planning for the next year and wondering how they compare to the pellets made over in NH (I can't remember the name but I think it's corinth).

Thanks

STallau,

Southern Maine Renewable Resources sells Barefoot, Okanagan, Energex, and Maine Wood's pellets.

They are nice folks to deal with and their URL is : http://www.woodpellets4me.com/

Product is stored inside and their delivery charges are reasonable ( less than some Southern Maine dealers).

They have two locations: Wells and Windham.

Ranger

debinri,

You didn't say how many pellets you will buy. If you're talking about two or three tons, maybe you could split the order. (This year as you can see from my sig I got two brands but next season I think I'll shift more to Okanagans.) If you're talking five or ten tons, the price difference will start to add up.

Also, you might want to search the other two brand names but I don't remember folks saying they are a bad pellet, either way.

Stay warm for another week or so and spring will be rolling in. :)

this is my order
Barefoot for $247 ton
Okanagan for $270 ton

i never tried o'malley
barefoots burn just as hot as the okies ...sounds like a easy choice for me

Status
Not open for further replies.