Whitfield Advantage II-T 1996

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Whitfield

Feeling the Heat
Feb 1, 2007
Northern Cailfornia
Was thinking of upgrade to the newer LED control board. I have the old style knobs. My control still works, is it worth it??
Just wondering??? Is the old style better than the new ones???

RandyChristensen said:
Was thinking of upgrade to the newer LED control board. I have the old style knobs. My control still works, is it worth it??
Just wondering??? Is the old style better than the new ones???

It it works fine then run with it if you want to buy a backup part to replace when it finally goes down I say then purchase it and have it available

Good luck these were and are decent stoves

I suggest you purchase that board now. It won't be available later. These were/are good stoves but unfortunately lennox has "retired" yet another brand and no longer offers support for it.

THe New digital board controls the speed of the combustion blower to fuel rate better than the old an analog board.
If you upgrade to the Ultragrate (or if you have the ultra grate now)
the stove works OK with a thermostat with the new board.

I only expect the Digital board to be available for a few more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.