1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Whitfield Advantage II-T; adjust auger trim

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by KeiBow, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeiBow

KeiBow New Member

Loc:
    Northern Calif
    Hello New Friends! I have a Adv II-T (1991) with the original analog control board (lucky me, it still works like new!). I'm hoping someone can define for me the 3 trim adjust pots (behind silver caps) on the lower right corner of the control board. I believe them to be conv, comb, and fuel feed trim adjusts, but which one is which? They are not labeled on the board or explained in my op manual. What I'm up to is I'd like to dial the fuel feed down a bit. With a new Ultra Grate, and on these not-so-cold-yet fall evenings, even the #1 heat setting is a little too warm for us. I'd like to back it down to just "keep-alive." (Am I going about it the right way?) Thanks much!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jjdesch

jjdesch New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    I would like to know thew same thing for my Whitfield Profile 30-FS. The trim adjustments are behind a pull-out flap on the bottom of the control board (a calibration button and 4 trim adjustment screws). Any experts here know how to make adjustments to accomodate different fuel characteristics, or general performance tuning?

thx
  3. bobva

bobva New Member

Loc:
    western washington
    on my stove 91 adv II-t from the top down
    auger
    combustion
    blower
  4. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    The trim only controls the auger time and combustion blower speed of the LOW Setting and or LOW keep fire Thermostat mode
    Normally keep on 0 unless you have longer pellets then you may have to bump up the auger up a little if the fire goes out on low
  5. bobva

bobva New Member

Loc:
    western washington
    thats what mine did so i bumped it up a hair I should say a half a hair
  6. KeiBow

KeiBow New Member

Loc:
    Northern Calif
    Thanks for the information! Now I can experiment a little and keep track of what I changed. Appreciate it!
  7. jjdesch

jjdesch New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    Anybody with knowledge on the trim adjustments for a Whitfield Profile 30- FS-2? Anybody?

thanks in advance!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.