Whitfield advantage turns off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sawdust1

Nov 9, 2008
Western MA
Hi I have a Whitfield Advantage year 1999. I light the stove and it runs up to a half hour or so and then it shuts off. As if you turned off a light switch. Pellets are still burning and I can restart the stove and it will stay running. I know there are limit switches but I do not know if one of these could be causing the problem. Thanks for any help with this. DENNIS

I just had the same exact problem.
It was a loose low temp sensor on the exhaust motor.
If it is not loose, you may need a new sensor

If it shuts off by itself every 30 minutes (but can be restarted) it is the low exhaust temp sensor noted in post above. I replaced same sensor on my 1993 Whitfield last year using a supplier on this forum, no further issues. Mine was located on the discharge of the combustion blower, mounted on outside of pipe. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.