Who's still not ready for the season....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When pellets absorb moisture, they get big.
If they look like normal pellets, they'll burn ok.

Fired up the Harman the other morning, a bit chilly and to test out my Cyberpower SInewave UPS. All went well & I can get almost an hour on battery backup depending on stove setting..

Power went out yesterday, it lasted about an hour. I ran my Mighty Quip 7KW diesel generator for the first time with the whole house powered up, The generator handled it just fine. I didn't run the pellet stove, just the oil furnace

Had left over pellets in the hopper over the summer and when I fired them up they smoked like crazy...took several minutes to finally fire up. Smoked so much I thought the fire department would show up. Next spring ill be sure to let the hopper run out.

Finally gave my US Stoves 5660 a good cleaning today. Did the chimney sweep. Cleaned out my ash vac too. She's looking good and ready to go this season. Hopper is already filled up too. Getting a ton of Greene Gold delivered next week. Here in So. Connecticut I'm using Promo Pellets (it's in Wallingford) delivering to my door and same price as Home Depot for much better pellets. Will probably pick up another half ton at HD or Lowe's before winter really kicks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.