Wife wants T5: Me T6, Help Save our Marriage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! There ya go! That's what I was thinking, everything needs to scale up in those open spaces "we" build today. Makes it hard to buy a couch or something for an apartment or a 1950s house like mine though...
But that's gonna look great in your house and you can warm the whole Christmas dinner on it too like a buffet it will be awesome! (yes, I am a woman)

Oh, PS, did you draw a picture of a stove on the box? I would love to see a pic of the box in your space, lol!

all tht work! just put your foot down and tell her you're getting the t6 she got ALL those windows! lol
glad you are going for the 6 once i saw the pictures ----the 5 would've been outta place..... hell in that big ole area i woulda tried for an equinox!

madison said:
Don't get lost, post some pics when the project gets done.
I will post some pix of the final product when complete. Next time I am out there I will snap a shot of the lonely box mock-up as well. Thanks again for helping with the decision. Now to find the best price on the unit. Prefer to buy it local but still want to check the net. Best LOCAL price so far is $2500 for the T6.

Maybe check around, ours is a bit cheaper than that, retail out here appears to be around $2400 with about $1-200 possible off.

After the tax credit, $100 will seem trivial considering how long you will be using the stove. Buy local if possible, especially if the dealer is a good one.

True, and I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't buy local; just that you might be able to do some digging and present it to the dealer for a slightly better deal, or maybe a couple perks thrown in like free delivery, etc. One thing that saved us some $ was letting the dealer order the stove when another was coming in, so both buyers saved on the freight.

Speaking of ordering the T6. Should I bite the bullet and order the blower kit as well. Am I gonna regret not getting it later?

That's a tougher call. We've been running without one and it works well for our house with a gentle assist from an ecofan. However, in a cold climate I might get one, especially if the stove points toward a large opening into the rest of the house. It doesn't have to be run all the time, but could be nice when it's zero outside all that glass.

stork,

I just added the fan this season (season #2 with the T6), two screws, it took a couple mins. So if you are undecided, it can be ordered and added on at a later date. Cord is probably ~ 6 feet long, grounded plug, so plan ahead with your outlets.

Last Jan. on some of the sub zero or really cold days, I would point a box fan at the unit, but that was not wife friendly if you know what i mean.

And IMHO it has made a big difference in the heat output, and i am impressed with the low noise level, compared to some of the fans we have had on our previous gas and wood inserts. Our house (3300 sq ft) has large vaulted ceilings, and each room has one or more ceiling fans, nonetheless, the fan on the unit has made a big difference.

I would say get it, it is a variable speed fan, which shuts off when the stove cools way down, it can be turned off as well.

Note that other users have issues with fan noise, and could be associated with the fact that it is two sheet metal screws connecting it to the back of the shroud. I tweaked all the shroud screws when I added mine, and it has been really quiet so far, 1 month or so....

ohiostork said:
Speaking of ordering the T6. Should I bite the bullet and order the blower kit as well. Am I gonna regret not getting it later?

Any way you could get them to include one for free since a few of the makers are doing promotions right now for free blowers? Presumably you are ordering the more expensive stove since it's larger, would your local guy throw you a bone?

Status
Not open for further replies.