Wind chills no match for my englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken372

Sep 18, 2014
Pa.
Hi all,
Last night we had low temp of 2 deg and wind chills of minus 20 to 25 all night,this was the first time I've ever had our little pdvc above a setting of 5 ever.and I must say I couldn't be happier with this thing,we ran the stove last night on a setting of 7 and blower on 7 and woke up to a nice cozy 74 degs this am.once again kudos to all the people on this site who helped get this dialed in at the start of the season don't know what we would have done w/o the help of this site.

Yeap, runs well once dialed in right with the right pellets.

Keep the stove clean and it will serve you well.

I was really surprised with it I had a bag of tsc red bag pellets in it and they really threw the heat seem to be hotter than the ligs I've been burning

Wind chill has to do with the effect of evaporating moisture off of your skin and removing heat. Unless your house sweats, wind chill means nothing to your house's heat load. Of course, if your house is leaky, then the wind will get in but wind chill is not part of the equation.

Reactions: pete7713
Trust me when the wind blows here it makes a difference! We have a open corn field directly across from the house and we get the wind head on and it goes right thru the house

Get another one. Gang up on single digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.