Winter Damage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I finally went up top to see if we had some winter damage attached are some of the pictures.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0502.jpg
    100_0502.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 100_0499.jpg
    100_0499.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_0500.jpg
    100_0500.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 100_0501.jpg
    100_0501.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 250
Lots of targets on the ground, don't know if I would bother with the leaners.

SolarAndWood said:
Lots of targets on the ground, don't know if I would bother with the leaners.

Should I cut and split the pine?

zap

Depends on how far the skid/haul is, I only do pine when it is easy. The nice thing about pine is it is dry for next season. Looks like there is some beech there too?

SolarAndWood said:
Depends on how far the skid/haul is, I only do pine when it is easy. The nice thing about pine is it is dry for next season. Looks like there is some beech there too?

There is but it's to the left of the stacked cherry out of the picture.

zap

Zap, that doesn't look like damage to me. It is more like destruction! A real mess for sure. You might forget how to fell a tree by the time you get that woods all cleaned up.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, that doesn't look like damage to me. It is more like destruction! A real mess for sure. You might forget how to fell a tree by the time you get that woods all cleaned up.

Bucked and split between 31-35 face cord since I've started cutting, dropped maybe one or two so I guess I have to learn before forgetting.:)

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.