Winter Warmth Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jay for the heads up, sounds like they could be ok for $199, nothing else arouind here is cheaper than that......yet

gbreda said:
Pellet-King said:
Went to my local HD, $269!,for Winters Warmth that are outside covered with 6" of water!, NO THANKS!
You guys sure $209 wasn't $269?
TSC has Canadian made Fireside's for $199 almost across the street...whats HD thinking?
Are these Fireside's made in Canada same as Energex Cananda?

Need to know cause i'll buy a ton for the shoulder seasons
Jake let me know.

HD in Roch had the sign out front for 209.00/ton and individual 40lb bagas at 5.34 (I think) which is 267. Dont know how long that will last.
Bill, were the delivered tons at 209? $209 per ton, $65 del flat fee, so my 5 tons were $222 delivered

Alot of places store the pallets outside. I can identify with the skepticism on that......but if the pallets are double bagged and stretch wrapped, they should be OK. Usually the big box stores are not stretch wrapped or double bagged. Overall they should be OK. Good idea to check them after delivery.

slvrblkk said:
FYI..............Home Depot MacArthur Rd. Whitehall PA. Winter Warmth $195 a ton............

Very good price on pellets made by Hamers....if I needed pellets and lived in that area, I'd be scapping them up.

imacman said:
slvrblkk said:
FYI..............Home Depot MacArthur Rd. Whitehall PA. Winter Warmth $195 a ton............

Very good price on pellets made by Hamers....if I needed pellets and lived in that area, I'd be scapping them up.

I thought about picking some up but I spoke with Mike at Treecycle today and I'm FINALLY swapping out my crappy pellets for (hopefully) good ones tomorrow ***fingers crossed*** Maybe I should get some of those Hamers anyway....oink...oink....;-)

slvrblkk said:
imacman said:
slvrblkk said:

I thought about picking some up but I spoke with Mike at Treecycle today and I'm FINALLY swapping out my crappy pellets for (hopefully) good ones tomorrow ***fingers crossed*** Maybe I should get some of those Hamers anyway....oink...oink....;-)

Thinkin like a pig is GOOD! :)

j-takeman said:
Checking this list Catamount is on it. I don't believe they make or Have anything to do with Energex. This could be a regional thing. Pellets bagged for HD at different plants depending on region?? IDK just a guess anyway.

http://woodandcoal.com/pelletfuelusa.htm

G, Keep us posted once(hopefully not anytime real soon :lol:) you burn them. My HD local has nada yet.

Hey Jay, looking at this list, it shows that Catamount made Stove Chow. Correct me if I'm wrong., but I seem to remember not too good comments about that brand here on the forum. If this is true and Winter Warmths are from catamount this year......

Has anyone been able to tie Winter Warmth with Hammers again this year?

gbreda said:
j-takeman said:
Checking this list Catamount is on it. I don't believe they make or Have anything to do with Energex. This could be a regional thing. Pellets bagged for HD at different plants depending on region?? IDK just a guess anyway.

http://woodandcoal.com/pelletfuelusa.htm

G, Keep us posted once(hopefully not anytime real soon :lol:) you burn them. My HD local has nada yet.

Hey Jay, looking at this list, it shows that Catamount made Stove Chow. Correct me if I'm wrong., but I seem to remember not too good comments about that brand here on the forum. If this is true and Winter Warmths are from catamount this year......

Has anyone been able to tie Winter Warmth with Hammers again this year?

CATAMOUNT Pellet Fuel CORP used to make stove chow, But afaik stove chow is now bagged by another pellet co. I think its Energex but I could be wrong.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/24539/#262642

http://www.findownersearch.com/stove-chow-3324459-brand.html

I have no idea what CATAMOUNT Pellet Fuel CORP bags now. If there even bagging pellets. They could just be a wholesaler or reseller now??? Not alot of info out there on them.

Still looking for them and nothing has turned up in my area yet.

imacman said:
slvrblkk said:

Doesn't HD reserve the name "Winter Warmth" and fill them with whatever pellet co came in with the lowest price?

Status
Not open for further replies.